How do Eastern National’s donations benefit the visitors of America’s national parks? Listed below are some examples. For more information, please see our Annual Reports.
- The Passport To Your National Parks® mobile application was released for iPhone and Android powered devices. The app is free to download in the Google Play Store and on iTunes.
- Pea Ridge National Military Park used donation funds to purchase a coat that was worn by a Union soldier at the Civil War Battle of Pea Ridge in 1862. The coat is now on display at the park.
- Eastern National donation funds were used to produce a new park film at Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park entitled, Kennesaw: One Last Mountain.
- Coal-making demonstrations were made possible by Eastern National’s donations at Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site. Also, Eastern National published “The African American Experience at Hopewell Furnace,” written by NPS staff. The book takes an in-depth look at life for African Americans at Hopewell during the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Park newspapers and brochures were produced using Eastern National’s donation funds at Cape Cod National Seashore, Apostle Islands National Lakeshore, Wilsons Creek National Battlefield, and Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.
- Visitors to Fort Macon State Park can now view four antique military firearms and bayonets that were purchased using Eastern National donation funds.
- A number of special events were sponsored by Eastern National’s donation funds, including: Children’s Archaeology Day at Effigy Mounds National Monument; Labor Day Concert and Festivities at Cumberland Gap National Historical Park; Sagamore Hill Day at Sagamore Hill National Historic Site; Beach Sweep at Fort Sumter National Monument; 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Arkansas Post Event at Arkansas Post National Memorial; Open House Event at Lowell National Historical Park; Vicksburg Heritage Fair and several other events at Vicksburg National Military Park; Junior Ranger Day at Jimmy Carter National Historic Site; 75th Anniversary Event at Natchez Trace Parkway, and many more.
- Eastern National provided funding for Volunteer Appreciation Events at several parks, including: Wilsons Creek National Battlefield, Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site; Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site; Weir Farm National Historic Site; and Jean LaFitte National Historical Park and Preserve.
- Training sessions and seminars were sponsored by Eastern National’s donations at Wilsons Creek National Battlefield, Weir Farm National Historic Site, Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, and Appomattox Court House National Historical Park.