The awards program was designed to acknowledge outstanding individual achievements and contributions that have had a positive impact on an EN operation or an individual park, thus furthering and promoting EN’s unique relationship with its partners. Congratulations to the following 2016 awardees. Visit Eastern National’s Facebook page to view additional photos of the award winners.
Superior Performance Award
Superior Performance Awards recognize outstanding partner management of an EN agency, regardless of agency size. This award recognized the top five outstanding partner personnel. Superior Performance Awards were presented to:
* Kathleen Bond, superintendent of Natchez NHP, for her instrumental support in the collaborative effort between the park, EN, and the City of Natchez for the new Natchez Shop.
* Paul DePrey, superintendent of Salem Maritime NHS and Saugus Iron Works NHS, for his leadership and support in the planning and realization of the new EN Waite & Peirce: Authentic and Exotic Goods store at Salem Maritime NHS.
* Eric Leonard, superintendent of Minuteman Missile NHS, for his loyal support of EN and his responsiveness in approving many new items that have driven sales to an increase of 73.4 percent over the prior fiscal year.
* Niki Nicholas, superintendent of Big South Fork NRRA and Obed WSR, for taking a personal interest in the EN stores at her parks, regularly making recommendations for new items, and always being ready and willing to assist with anything that is needed.
* Rick Slade, superintendent of Catoctin Mountain Park, for his instrumental support at two different parks where he served as superintendent in 2016 – Monocacy NB and Catoctin Mountain Park – resulting in increased sales at both locations.
Special Achievement Award
Special Achievement Awards recognize exceptional performance in the area of store operations and partner relations. Awards were presented to the following EN employees:
* Karen O’Neal, site manager at Natchez NHP, for her hard work ensuring that the renovation and opening of the new Natchez Shop was a success.
* Karen Searle, Blue Ridge regional manager, for going above and beyond her regular duties to lead an EN apparel program initiative and developing recommendations for the program’s future.